Thursday, August 2, 2007

Flickr



Today I went through the tutorial of Flickr. Straightforward, not difficult. In fact I had this sense of deja vu because it finally dawned on me that I had been here before. It had been so long ago I nearly forgot. A giddy feeling was washing over me. I was back where I used to be, but something was different. Yes, it was all coming back. First an inkling than full realization. The memories were repressed no more, it was Yahoo Photos.

I found this interesting picture in Flickr files under keyword "Fifties". I have never seen so much red and green together in one room this side of the North Pole. And it wasn't even Christmas. Even the little girl's socks are red. Well it at least looks like they have some sort of "beverage" to help them zone out in that hideous excuse for a room. They look comfortably numb.


I really like the third party Flickr businesses. Especially Big Huge Labs: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/

Motivator looks great! http://www.bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php
You can make your own inspirational motivational poster or a cynical, jaded de-motivational poster. Cool.

1 comment:

Jaye Holly said...

Yeah, I've found Flickr to be useful in all sorts of situations. 23 Things has really helped me to expand my willingness to explore new uses for internet applications.
Jaye :)